[Vision2020] Eric McMillan Scholarship Fund

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 13:17:40 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries,

Say, here's a positive, community-building thought -- what about launching
a Vision 2020 fund drive for the Eric McMillan Scholarship?  Some kind of
"whatever you can afford" donation challenge.  I don't know how we could
manage this; write a check and put Vision 2020 in the memo space?  Have
some list member to volunteer to keep a discrete (and anonymous) account of
how much has been raised or how many have contributed?  Tom?  Scott?  Other
computer guys?  Is there any way to do this?  Send one dollar or send a
hundred.  How much doesn't matter; the challenge would simply be to get as
many of us as possible to donate.

What do you all think?  I'm off to New Orleans for a literary festival next
week, but I'm very willing to give up some beignets at the Cafe du Monde
for this.  (My taste buds want them, but my butt doesn't need them.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com