[Vision2020] Subject Change

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed May 4 08:41:05 PDT 2005

Tom, Tim, J Ford, et al,

Let's see.

The rank and file MPD officers vote to unionize.  The police chief said he didn't know anything about it until it happened.  Neither the mayor or city council will admit any foreknowledge.

Doesn't anyone else see a very serious disconnect here?

There are so many "Why?"s here that it boggles the mind including "Why is the chief still the chief?"

Then to add gasoline to a burning fire, the mayor delays confronting the issue in a timely manner, thus telling the police officers that they are of little importance, and then makes an unilateral decision without first even talking to the officers or apparently to the city council.

It is no secret that the MPD has some serious problems, many due to inept management.  All city employees including the MPD need to be treated with respect by having their concerns heard and addressed in a timely manner.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com