[Vision2020] Subject Change

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 3 20:54:33 PDT 2005

Although I fail to see the link between the bond election and organizing
local law enforcement, I am a strong supporter of both.

What I understand is that Moscow has lost many good police officers.  I have
heard several reasons for their departure; everything from lack of
recognition to poor upper level management.

An organized police force would eliminate both reasons, hopefully resulting
in long-term continuity in an efficient and proficient police department.  I
believe that long-term continuity of a police force, especially in a small
town like Moscow, breeds familiarity between a community and its police
force.  Subsequently, the familiarity should eliminate any obstacles
detrimental to effective sense of "community".  People should not have any
reason to hesitate in approaching a police officer.

Take care, Moscow.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.