[Vision2020] Fact or Fiction

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue May 3 19:43:42 PDT 2005

Mike Curley writes:

"2.  The Trail Property--Part I.  I don't know Dave Trail, never met him to
my knowledge, so I hope he will forgive me for playing along with you and
hypothesizing with your comments.  Let's suppose that the Trails were
really all along intending to develop their land around the HS site.  Now
it would have been misleading or maybe a flat out lie to say they intended
to keep farming wouldn't it?  That's what I think you are alleging . . . "

I'm sorry to truncate your post, Mike, as what I think you have to say is
important.  I just want to interject that I know both Tom and Dave Trail.
I've corresponded with Tom for several years now, and I've spoken with Dave
at length on the telephone.  It's my hope that Tom won't mind me sharing
with the list one pertinent fact: at no time during all of this outrageous,
rude, and insulting brouhaha over the Trail family's offer to gift 30 of
the 40 acres for a new high school did any of the Trails' most vocal (and
vociferous) critics ever bother to contact Dave or Tom to verify
information or to ask questions.  Now, we're not talking about Howard
Hughes and Greta Garbo; Tom and Dave Trail are not hard to reach.  Tom
posts his legislative updates to this list, and both brothers are listed in
the Moscow phone book.  Tom has always been quick to answer my questions
(and unfailingly courteous and polite in so doing) and Dave is a very nice
fellow to chat with on the phone.

God knows I wish no further misery on the Trail family -- having been
kicked from hell to breakfast for the crime of offering to give land to the
Moscow school district has brought them woes aplenty -- but if Phil wants
to know if his various conspiracy theories have any merit, perhaps he might
start by emailing Tom or calling Dave and simply asking.  I'm sure he won't
believe what he hears (who knows if he can hear?) but surely that would be
a more logical course of action than continuing to pelt this list with his
increasingly wild theories about the JFK/Grassy Knoll/UFO/Crop
Circle/Trail-Mix High School.

Note to Tom and Dave Trail: I'm sorry, guys.  I really am.  Just remember
to use your delete key and your caller ID.  Heaven knows I use mine!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com