[Vision2020] Some Adolescent Humor and This Sunday's Radio Show

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:49:56 PST 2005

Dear Visionaries,
As expected, Dale our perpetual blog-stalker once again rose to the bait.  (You'd think that having been hooked and released already, he'd have learned his lesson.  But nooooo . . . )  Consequently, though, I've changed my mind about his blah-g.  In the past, I've largely ignored it, responding only when someone else has pointed out that they think I need to address some piece of disinformation, some egregious factual error, or something out of which I might make cheap but amusing hay.  Now, however, I consider Dale's blah-g a must-read: http://right-mind.us.
Brother Carl and I will be addressing Dale's nonsense regarding the upcoming school levy on this Sunday's show, 5-7 pm, KRFP Moscow, 92.5 FM, but in the meantime, I must tell you that Dale has objected to my characterization of him as a trout rising to a dry fly.  He says he is not a trout; I am  Captain Ahab and he is Moby Dick.  Okay.  I'm willing to own up to being Captain Ahab (what the hell?) but Dale is Moby Dick?  Right.  I'll believe that when I receive a jpeg of said "Moby Dick," and not one that's been Photoshopped.  There will also need to be something in the foreground for size comparison, say, an Austin Mini Cooper.  Oh, and I'll also need at least three signed affidavits: one from Mrs. Dale, one from a qualified urologist, and one from Bob at Enzyte.
Until then, I'll only note that I've seen Dale in person on a number of occasions, usually tap-tapping away on his laptop at School Board meetings, and he has very . . . small . . . feet.  (You do walk into these things, Dale.  It's not only trout that rise at this time of year; it's also sap.)
Yours sincerely,
Auntie Establishment
PS: This letter was signed by three other people: I. M. Laffin, A. T. Yore, & Jenny Talia.
PPS: Brother Carl and I will be taking phone calls on this Sunday's show (892-9200) and, if you support the facilities levy, we'll put your call on the air.  If you don't support the levy, we'll be hanging up on you.  Sound unfair?  Sound unbalanced?  It is!  We are unfair and unbalanced, just as we promised when we began our show back in January.  Don't like it?  Don't listen.  Or, better yet, apply to KRFP and get your own show.  I understand that a couple of DJ slots are open.  The two a.m. to four a.m. shows are always so hard to fill . . .   Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com