[Vision2020] "U of I departments to pay more to cover debt whileathletics not taxed"

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:04:21 PST 2005

>From Saundra Lund's posting and http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7338015/

"Athletic director Rob Spear told the Faculty Council Tuesday that he would
be happy to pay what other departments do. But he says his department can't
afford to pay any more when sports is stepping up to the Western Athletic
Conference."

Does this mean that we can tell those 18 Facilities employees that were
handed their pink slips that they haven''t lost their jobs after all, that
all the Facilities Direcor has to do is tell President White:

"Gee, Tim.  We'd like to help out.  Really we would.  But, we can't afford
it at this time.  Maybe later."

Is that all Facilities had to do?