[Vision2020] The Shroud is a Total Hoax!

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 08:31:35 PST 2005

Nate, Dr. Cheng, and Visioneers,

I do not need a doctor or scientist to confirm for me that the Shroud is a
total hoax. This clearly is just a piece of art or a fraud. Anyone that
really believes this could really be an image of Jesus, or any other person,
need only understand the following.

Look at the images from the following site, although the site is a
conspiracy site, it has good photos of the Shroud.
http://home.hetnet.nl/~shroud_turin/

1)	The person portrayed in this image has arms way too long for his body. It
is true that different people have different lengths of arms. However, no
person has arms so long they can grab their knees standing straight up. If
you look at the whole image of the man you will see that his arms extend
outward, bend at the elbow, then back toward the body again and are still
long enough to modestly cover his groin area. No other person has been able
to accomplish this feat in the way it is demonstrated in this image. In
fact, I wonder how much difficulty he would have eating with arms that long.
Now, I am not saying you cannot cover your groin lying down. But not with
the elbows that far out at that angle, and certainly not without raising
your shoulders off the ground (using muscles while conscious). If you do not
believe me, try it. Lie down just like the image is shown, make sure your
elbows are to the side of your body, not over your abdomen, and cover the
groin area of your body, and then relax all your muscles like you would be
if you were dead.  Can you do it? If so, your name is probably Gumby or you
are not doing it the same way that is demonstrated in the image.

2)	If a man did fit in that cloth he probably would have been noticed by
everyone being that he would be 6 foot 8 inches tall but only 2 ½ inches
thick. First, I am not going to argue that Jesus could not have been 6 ft 8
inches, it is possible even back then and to not have it even mentioned in
the Bible. Although this should put some doubt into some people’s head. What
I am going to strongly argue though is that Jesus Christ was not just a few
inches thick. The shroud shows the image of a man from the front and the
back. The image of the front of the man and the image of back of the man are
next to each other, head to head. The space or gap is not wide enough on the
cloth to wrap around top of a human’s head, they are just a few inches
apart. This means that if a man was in that shroud, they would have to be
thinnest man in existence.

3)	Gravity seems to not have an effect on the man in the cloth.  First, his
arms, as big and long as they were, would fall to his sides. Second, his
hair would fall back, not look like it had 24 ounces of ultra hold styling
gel in it. Third, blood appeared to still be pumping in his body despite
being dead because he was bleeding out of his forehead and blood was not
pooling in the bottom of his back, legs and head like all other corpses. I
would tend to believe that if they were going to fix his hair and rap him in
clean expensive cloth they would wipe away all the blood around all the
wounds, not just some blood around some of the wounds.

Yes we can argue about the radio carbon dating, the flora in the shroud, the
weave of the cloth, and the blood type all we want. But the bottom line here
is that the image of the person is not a real person because it is
anatomically incorrect. While I am not an artist, or a chemist, and thus I
do not know the chemicals and oils used to best recreate this image, I am
willing to bet it went something like this.

A person or group of people wanted to create a shroud that demonstrated the
wounds of Christ. This was either done for artistic reasons or fraudulent
reasons. My guess is it was done for fraudulent reasons because the author
might otherwise want to be known. It was probably made by the Church, large
in size 15 ft long, to carry from village to village to get peasants to
confirm their faith in Christ and give money to the Church.

First, the artist(s), or conmen read the Bible and documented all the wounds
that Christ would have received. They painstakingly made sure every mark and
wound that was known that Christ received, right down to the number of
whippings, could be seen on the shroud. They did one side of the shroud, and
then later they did the other side. Had someone actually been inside the
shroud, they would have realized the error that the head imagines were too
close. But this is not why the heads are too close to each other.  The head
is also too small for the body. Put these two facts together and it makes
total sense. They did the body first, realized there was not enough space
between the back of one head and the front of the head to actually wrap
around a head. So they were forced to make the head even smaller in
proportion to his body and hope that nobody would notice the lacking space
between the two images and the small head for the body. There has recently
been a discovery of a second image of the face on shroud, most likely a
practice face or error in production, that is unless you think Christ was
two faced (Ahh, bad joke I know).  They did not redo the image with a
different cloth because the cloth they used was extremely expensive and work
was  difficult and far progressed before they made the major errors.
	The second major factor they had to deal with was the modesty of the body.
They needed to be able to have an image that showed details of a slash from
a whip and a puncture wound from a thorn, but not other parts of the body
they could not display in public (the naughty parts). The answer to this was
to put the image into the traditional Adam and Eve pose, the hands crossing
the groin area. The trouble with this is that an anatomically correct person
could not do this lying down relaxed and look at all natural. So the
artists, or con men, drew out the arms really long and crossed them so they
could display their work of art, or fraud, without publicly shaming Jesus.
Of course the other problem with this pose is that it is really hard to hold
your wrist and keep it from falling to the sides when you are dead.
	I could go on with more and more errors that were made on this that make it
all the more suspicious.  What are the odds of every wound mentioned in the
Bible being so apparent? The miracle seems to be the Shroud, not the
resurrection. In either case, I am not going to worship a 2 ½ inch thick
man, he is way to shallow for me. :)

So that is my take on the Shroud of Trouble.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold