[Vision2020] Voting Results to CNN's QuickVote Question "Do you believe Terri Schiavo is suffering?"

Fiat Lux fiat_lx at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 07:13:56 PST 2005

Mr Hansen points us in this direction:
"For those that are curious:
http://www.cnn.com/POLLSERVER/results/16736.exclude.html"

Mr. Budge comments:
 "My guess, 100% can't know."

Mr. Sid wonders:
"What's your point---65% of the people are wrong or
35% of the people are right?"

Mr. Budge clarifies: "Just remember what Churchill
said: "The best argument against democracy is made
after a five minute conversation with the average
citizen."

That Mr. Budge is witty.  Though I am an average
citizen, I think I understand his point and I agree.

The poll asks people what they believe.  Thus, the
poll results reflect simply, the opinions of those who
participated in the poll.  Unless those people are in
the same condition as Terri Schiavo and have been days
without food or water and left for dead, their
"beliefs" about what Terri Schiavo is feeling have no
validity with regard to whether or not she is actually
suffering?  How the heck would the CNN poll voters
know?
FL