[Vision2020] I Surrender In Meek Supplication!

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 15:04:35 PST 2005

Joan et. al.

You have a knack for expressing yourself as though you always have the last
word ... and your opponents will wither before your scathing wit and vast
erudition.

I surrender!

However, now that I am in meek supplication before your supreme wisdom,
flawless logic, and rapier sarcasm, I will, with fear and trembling, point out I
was careful to place the word "nuts" in quotes, indicating I was referring to
Kai's use of this word in reference to the scientists who have studied and/or
experimented on the Shroud of Turin.

But Joan Opry did state that these topics drive scientists "nuts:"

>What drives scientists nuts is string theory, or quantum mechanics,
or Stephen Hawking's admission that he made a >mistake in his original work on black
holes and the origins of the universe.'"

No hair splitting here.  You said it plain and simple.  And scientists who
sweat blood over these complex scientific issues are mortified that now on
Vision2020 Joan Opry has implied they might have a screw loose!

Joan, how could you?!

Michio Kaku, one of the foremost theoretical physicists, who I have heard
being interviewed several times, appears quite sane, yet he is one of only a
handful of human beings in the world who can honestly claim to understand String
Theory, as far as a human mind can understand it... Perhaps I have it wrong and
he is "nuts, nuts, nuts."

As far as naming any scientist who has been driven "nuts" by the Shroud of
Turin, you should ask Kai for this information.  I am not sure exactly what he
meant by "nuts."

As Tom Hansen pointed out, Nate Wilson is NOT a scientist, so this discussion
of whether or not any SCIENTISTS have been driven "nuts" by the Shroud of
Turin does not apply to him.

I suggested Nate Wilson is a "self proclaimed religious artifact theorist," a
title anyone can assume.  If certain newspapers decide to make a big to do
over a questionable "theory" about the Shroud of Turin, suggested by a local
resident, to sell some copies around Easter, what is the surprise?

I do not like the free press and apparent legitimacy this issue gave to NSA
and their whole agenda anymore than you do!  But what can you expect from a
press that offers its readers horoscopes ... rational empirical scientific
coverage of all issues?

Ted Moffett