[Vision2020] Dale Courtney

David M. Budge dave at davebudge.com
Wed Mar 23 14:57:14 PST 2005

Let me begin this by clearly stating that I don't have a dog in this
hunt.  I couldn't give a ratsass whether Christ Church rents out the
Kibbie Dome or sets up tents at Pond 9 (does Pond 9 still exist Carl?).
So there, that's said.

So beyond the heartburn of your communities disconnect of the feuding
forces, I have a couple of questions:

Assuming that the Kibbie Dome is "owned" by the ASUI, I have to ask what
exactly is the ASUI?

Is it a not-for-profit group or an unincorporated association?

Who are the owners?

Are the owners the current students or all students who ever paid dues
to the ASUI (including me).

Or perhaps, are the owners the public at large like non-profit
corporations are with only one member? (Think Gritman Hospital - this is
a little technical here but I'm sure the lawyers in the crowd know what
I'm talking about.)

To the extent that the ASUI paid for the building of the Dome (and I
take this as a leap of faith as I can't remember - um - it's an age
thing) did the ASUI purchase the land on which the Dome sits from the
foundation that was established by the Land-Grant College Act?

If the land wasn't purchased from the University of Idaho Foundation
then is the ASUI a tenant?

As a tenant does the ASUI pay rent? (I know I'm heading off the wall here.)

If the ASUI collects (sub)rent how is it disbursed to the owners?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions.  I'm just trying to
figure out if you guys owe me any money or if I have to hide from you
like I do the rest of my creditors.

db