[Vision2020] Terri Schiavo

David M. Budge dave at davebudge.com
Wed Mar 23 00:31:03 PST 2005

If anyone is curious as to the issues of the "Finding of Facts" in this
case, there is a very comprehensive review done by Reverend Robert
Johansen which was published on the National Review website last week at
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/johansen200503160848.asp .

Admittedly Father Johansen is bias toward keeping Terri alive in consort
with the Catholic Church.  But as I have been following this case I have
come to understand  much of what the Schlindler's have been saying about
the judicial proceedings and what they determine as blind intransigence
on the part of the Florida courts.

Also, the money that was awarded Michael and Terri Schiavo breaks
something like this.  The total award was about $1.6 million.  After
legal fees Michael received $300,000 and a medical trust was set up for
Terri with something just less that $900,000.  Much of the $900,000 has
been spent on legal fees for Michael's cause which was authorized by the
Florida courts.  I have no idea about life insurance, but if there is
any it is likely owned by Michael and therefor has not been subject to
public disclosure.

I also assume that my referring some of you to the National Review will
be dismissed out of hand as wingnut crap.  Don't bother to send me email
telling me so.  I'm not interested in knee jerk dismissals.

db