[Vision2020] Dale Courtney

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Tue Mar 22 23:28:40 PST 2005

I guess the right is afraid to email someone to provide a suggestion on how
one should be educated.  Blogs must be an acceptable form of communication for
the Americans who are more right leaning.  Maybe that explains why nothing appears
to be getting accomplished in the right leaning Idaho Legislature.  If I were Dale
Courtney, and I am so glad I am not, I think I would either phone, email, write a
letter, or even better, post on V2020 my objection to the author of a letter to the
editor instead of my personal blog that no one reads anyway.
Here let me provide you with easy access for which you can communicate with
me directly:         Tim Rigsby
                     425 Indian Hills Dr
                     Moscow, ID 83843
                     208-301-2242
                     timo5277 at uidaho.edu

So why don't you crawl out from under a rock Dale and communicate directly with me.

First, if you disagree with my letter then in a way are you not disagreeing with
the 1st Amendment?

Second, do some research on the Kibbie and you will find that it was paid for back in
the 1970's with student fees and donors.  The donors donated the money for use by the
students.  To this day the facility is operated on both student fees and
athletic monies.  So I think ownership is in fact entitled to the students.

Third, annual event, since when?  Doesn't an event have to happen before it
is considered annual?
If the Trinity Fest has never taken place then how could one say that it is the
3rd largest money maker for local businesses.  I work in a local business and I doubt
we will see any extra profits from this event.  I highly doubt attendees will spend any
money at the bars, night clubs, Eclectica (although the jumper cable cover on Credenda
might warrant a visit to a sex shop), Jack in the Box, car dealerships, sporting good
stores, or even Book People.  The only local businesses that will profit off this event
will be a few hotels, a couple restaurants, Bucers, Zume, and any other Christ Church
run business in town.  And if this event is the 3rd largest, what are number 1 and 2?

Fourth, Thanks for the link to the people opposed to government schools.  In Idaho,
only 234 people out of 1,321,006 people in this great state object to
government schools.  That amounts to only a very very small percentage
(something like .01% of Idahoans) of individuals who object to government
schools.  Now should we look at the US?  Sure, out of the 284,796,887 people in the
US only 26,447 object.  Again a small percentage something like .09%.  Again, very embarrassing, public schools must be doing something right.

To answer your question on whether or not I will use the Constitution and Bill of
Rights in my classroom, the answer is, I hope so.  Maybe if you did some checking you
might have noticed I am a Physical Education Major and a Community Health Major, not
a Political Science, History, Government, or Law major.  So yeah, I think I can
INTEGRATE the Bill of Rights and the Constitution into my lessons.  I hope you know
what INTEGRATE means.

Do us all a favor and check with someone more intelligent than a box of clay before
you open your mouth, put ink to paper, or sneeze.