[Vision2020] Re: Right to Speak.......list ofreligiousorganizations at WSU f

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:16:44 PST 2005

Mr. Hansen,

You write,  "These are religious organizations.  They are independent and
>self-sustaining organizations.  They are not funded by the University (or
>state) of Idaho."

Yes they are supported by the University. Many of them, like Campus Crusade
for Christ even have an office space in the Idaho Commons Building. Muslim,
Indian, and African groups also are funded by taxpayer and student fee money
for events. To say it is OK to fund religious groups for non-Christian
religious events but then deny the same access to religious group that we do
not like is not only ethically wrong, it would be in violation of the law.

All of the arguments that you make to cut funding and provide public
resources and access to Christ Church would also cut funding for many
students and other sources of revenue for the students and University.

We would not even be having this conversation if it was a Muslim or other
minority religion that was holding an event in the Kibbie Dome. I think
anyone that is being honest with themselves knows this to be that case.

Take Care,

Donovan, Arnold