[Vision2020] Counter Events

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Thu Mar 17 08:47:17 PST 2005

Yes, Donovan and Carl I agree that counter events will help raise awareness,
however I still feel strongly that UI allowed this event to be scheduled because of
some behind the scenes back scratching.  The point that Rose, Saundra, and Tom
are making is that this event is against the State Board of Education, The faculty
and Staff Handbook for UI, and more than likely against student wishes.

I hope that people like Donovan and Carl will organize other troops to put on a
counter display away from the Kibbie, this can only bring positive light to Moscow,
the University, and the people who have worked so hard for so many years to stop
this display of erroneous information.  I challenge the likes of Donovan and Carl to
not only work with the Intoleristas, but to organize their own group to counter this
event with some other sort of public display.  Do everyone in this community a favor,
stop trying to convince the Intoleristas that what they are doing is wrong, and
organize your own group of citizens who would normally speak out but not do anything
that is real.  Get these people who say they don't support Doug Wilson, but won't
actually protest, to put on a positive display.  Help bring this community together,
while the rest of us try to support Rose and Saundra and the many others.

You do not have to be a National Merit Scholar to see that Doug Wilson and
Steve Wilkins is part of a huge problem in the US.  However, it will take the work
of many tireless souls to combat this ignorance and hate.  The work must be done by
groups that want to counter the events with the truth, and by groups that want to stop
the events from taking place.  I believe that the goal of every so called liberal in
this community is to develop and create a positive, happy, and morally acceptable
town, school, and world.  The world does not need to allow hate speech and violence
to continue.  We as citizens of Moscow, ID must do our part, however small, to
combat any and all violence, hate, and bigotry in our community to show the world
that something can be done to counter the intolerable cruelty that is the likes of
Doug Wilson et al.

Donovan and Carl, be the voice of the voiceless, speak out for those who will not
speak out themselves.  Organize the troops and rally around everyone in opposition.
Put on counter events and educate the common man and woman.

Tim Rigsby

"You will never silence the voice of the voiceless." -Zach De La Rocha