[Vision2020] What in the world?

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Wed Mar 16 17:08:00 PST 2005

Reality check, people!
The U of I is a publicly funded institution, therefore it's buildings are
open to lawful use by ALL citizens.
Your hatred of Wilson and his group is nearing a frenzy seen at book
burnings.
So you don't agree with him, neither do I. But, I will remind you he is well
within his rights as guaranteed my the Constitution of the United States.
When I see people saying that there "has got to be a way" to get him out of
here, that makes me nervous. Then what? Are you going to go after every
person and entity who doesn't toe your "standard" of what is correct. As a
journalist, I find that thought frightening.
As for the U of I providing food; food service on the U of I campus is
provided by a private company. Sodexho to be exact, it is a French owned
multi-national corporation. Very little of it's expenditures, minus the
pitance paid to employees, is spent here. Nearly all of their products are
brought in from out of state. Food for thought for those of you who think
Walmart is the only giant in the area.
Is the U providing the group with dorm rooms? What other lodging are they
providing?
So if they provide the same facilities to, say for argument's sake, a gay
and lesbian group is that okay? There are a large number of citizens who
would disagree with that, as well.
I always thought universities were a place to explore differing views.
Things must have changed since I was a kid wandering the University of
Arizona campus, where my father taught.
Do I agree with Wilson? No, but I will stand for his right to believe as
wishes, so long as keeps it within the law, if he starts going out and
harrassing, threatening or intimidating others with a "show of force", so to
speak, I will denouce his actions vehemently.
That my friends, is my duty as a journalist.

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle
521 S. Jackson St.