[Vision2020] What in the world?

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:17:26 PST 2005

While I completely agree with you regarding Mr. Wilson's and friends
competence as historians, and the lack of credible scholarship involved, I
can't agree with an attempt to somehow keep it out of Moscow.  The right to
assemble is too crucial.  There are events that occur in our town that I
support, that those on the right scoff at and ridicule.  The recent
anti-inauguration rally at Friendship Square is an example.  Were potshots
taken at the rally and its participants?  Yes.  Was any attempt made to
prevent it?  No.  I hate to trot out a shopworn phrase, but "slippery slope"
comes to mind.  Criticize the theme, make fair comment regarding the
questionable acumen of those involved.  I will.  I'll also lay in any
supplies I might need from downtown, avoid the area, and, in a few days,
it'll be over.

                                                              Carl Westberg
Jr.