[Vision2020] Auntie E and Brother Carl

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 13 21:15:21 PST 2005

Dave asks:

"Hey, just so those of us out of ear shot can understand the inner-workings of great minds like Joan and Carl, can we get the "playlist" for the show.  At least one of my blog readers is curious... me too."

Here's the playlist.  I may not get the order quite right as we skipped around a bit as the mood struck us.  I do know that we decided that the single worst song of the 70s was Debbie Boone's You Light Up My Life -- not only because it was mind-numbingly awful, but because it was interminable as well.  Ten weeks at Number 1 on the Billboard Charts.

Sylvia's Mother
Summer Breeze
Magnet and Steel
Horse with no name
Muskrat Love (the America version rather than Capt. & Tenille, just to annoy Carl)
Please come to Boston
We just disagree
Escape (the Pina Colada song)
One Tin Soldier
Billy, don't be a hero
Brandy
Please Mister Please (don't play B17)
Sunshine on my shoulders
Rock me gently
Da doo ron ron (Shaun Cassidy version)
Having my baby
Afternoon delight
Feelings
Long-haired lover from Liverpool (by Jimmy Osmond)
Top of the World (a Carpenters' tune I dissed)
Close to You (a Carpenters' tune which I stoutly defended)
You Light Up My Life

What we didn't get the chance to play:

Seasons in the sun
Me & You & a dog named Boo
Precious and few
MacArthur Park
Living Inside Myself
Mandy (or any other Barry Manilow--how could we have missed him?!  I feel incomplete!)
Baby Ima Want You
Honey (by Bobby Goldsboro -- ugh)
Dance with me
Kiss you all over
Make it with you
Reminiscing
More than a feeling
I'd really love to see you tonight
Come and get your love
Hold the line
Welcome back (as in Kotter)
Just when I needed you most
When I need you
Into the Night (a song by Benny Mardones that begins "She just 16 years old, leave her alone, they say," a song clearly written before sexual predator laws)

And as soon as I figure out this Radio Land/iPodder stuff, I will post the show to my website.  Honest!

Joan/Auntie E.Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com