[Vision2020] Atlanta Murders & Music

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Sat Mar 12 21:55:23 PST 2005

If your were to take it in the simplest of general terms, he talks the
truth.  If your were to take it in the simplest of general terms, and state:
"awareness and intelligence matters in a job like law enforcement," then you
talk the truth.  If your were to take it in the simplest of general terms,
and state that: "agility and speed matters in a job like law enforcement,"
then you talk the truth.

One can state any affair in the simplest of general terms, but when you want
to talk **about** the truth, it is up to the *speaker* to know if his/her
truth is the **only** truth, or just one of many, and by what frame of
reference this is known to him/her, for then truth is a tool and not merely
words.  It is always up to the *listener* to decide whether that truth is
his/her's as well, and by what frame of reference this is known to him/her.
To know the *how* of truth, helps prevent being a tool of someone else's
propoganda.
* * * *
Children of the 1960's are now getting into their 50-60's and they are still
rocking to fond hopes of peace & love in the music of that time... now
imagine a future of 50-60 y.o. rapping to lyrics of M&M's "Slim Shady", or
Fiddy's "What Up Gangsta"...I can recall some of the lyrics of Gil Scott
Heron, The Doors, Jimi, and others in these songs.  I know the words are
different, but the concepts remain the same - love, hate, war, peace,
freedom, servitude, equality, religion, sex, music, art.  The human
condition of the struggle for meaningful expression - whether it's truthful
erudition or fallacious propoganda, we all try to do it.  As I've said
before, in different words: some know what they say, some believe what they
say and some know what to say to make others believe.  But it is the
listener that has the responsibility for knowing how true.
* * * *
"Rock on," by David Essex, was great, how true is that?

Solid,
Mark

Mark Seman, Architect
Heather Seman, Landscape Architect
1404 East 'F' Street  Moscow, Idaho 83843
v 208-883-3276 / f 208-883-0112