[Vision2020] Gender, Size, and Law Enforcement

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 14:19:14 PST 2005

Visionaries:
A police officer that I know and greatly respect, (and have  seen on duty
with unruly, large, belligerent suspects) is not much taller than I  am, (5'3")
and weights considerably less. He is effective, but not because  he relies on
brute strength.
It seems to me, as a lay person, that the underlying issue in  Atlanta
relates to the escorting of unshackled prisoners by a single  person.  Guard gender
is not the issue, security protocol may well  be.  Perhaps our friend Jennifer
could comment on this for us.
I appreciate the recent post on this matter which addressed the horrible
consequences of this crime spree - which as he/she correctly pointed out, are
more important to most of us than an opportunity to make snide remarks on
affirmative action.
Rose Huskey

One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan