[Vision2020] Bad 70s TV shows

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Fri Mar 11 12:17:36 PST 2005

V,
Last night I finished watching a short (4 DVD) Stephen King TV series
entitled "Kingdom Hospital."  Numerous times the phrase, "You do me a solid,
I do you a solid," was mentioned.  As another opportunity to learn this
word's usage, some of you might enjoy this "Twin Peak-esque" show, though it
does come apart a bit in the very last episode.
Mark

Mark Seman, Architect
Heather Seman, Landscape Architect
1404 East 'F' Street  Moscow, Idaho 83843
v 208-883-3276 / f 208-883-0112

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com
[mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]On Behalf Of Carl Westberg
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 8:24 AM
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Bad 70s TV shows

In putting together the playlist for Sunday's worst songs of the 1970s
program that Joan and I will be doing Sunday, I couldn't help but think of
some bad TV shows of the same era.  Which led, naturally, to "The Mod
Squad", which (dis)graced the airwaves from 1968-1973.  Remember, if you're
old enough to have watched it, how Clarence Williams III, in his role as
Linc Hayes, constantly used the word "solid"?  Five years on the air, and
that word never caught on with the general public.  Of course, it was up
against "far out", and "groovy", and the venerable "cool".  I think the time
has come, in honor of Linc Hayes and "The Mod Squad" to give "solid" another
try.  Next time someone tells you, for instance, that it's going to be
almost 70 degrees today, instead of saying "wow" or "cool", try "solid"
instead.  It deserves its day in the sun.

              Carl Westberg Jr.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com