[Vision2020] Why?

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:51:18 PST 2005

I feel like I need to clear somethings up...you may listen or whatever, but
I will have my say.

The original reason I wrote regarding the Dickison issue is not to expose
Mr. Dickison as a cad (that was just a bonus) or Marny's illness...I
originally wrote because of Doug Wilson's continued attack on everything he
does not agree with, yet continues to practice in - in other words, his two
faced lifestyle.  I wrote due to my frustrations with his high-handed method
of looking down his nose at everyone else that does not fall into step with
his way of thinking and his way (supposedly) of living.  I wrote because he
LIES and expects people to continue to allow him to.  Unfortunately, they
have - we all have.

A lot of people are leaving his "church" not because they all of a sudden
have turned (gasp - bad word coming) libral, but because Doug Wilson's
exposure of his true nature - he simply is not working within or even WITH
God's word - he is totally locked into what truthes HE makes up or feels are
what we all should be living in.

We are currently in the season of Lent.  It is supposed to be a time of
reflection and anticipation of Christ's Saving Grace being realized.  Yet
Doug Wilson chooses, for some odd reason, to focus on what HIS views of
marriage are and how librals are the curse of all human beings.  He, in my
opinion, has totally lost the true focus of this time of year - that Christ
is our savior and we need to be looking to HIM for our salvation, not men
like Mr. Wilson.  Fact is, we are repeatedly warned by Jesus to stay away
from people such as Mr. Wilson and yet the old addage "Those who forget the
past are destined to repeat it" is being realized.  We have seen this type
of personality many times in modern times - The Moonies, Charles Manson, Jim
Jones, David Koresh, and (to borrow from Auntie) the Hara Karishnas.

I watch what is happening to not only families in this "church" but also
what is happening to the youth and I am scared.  These people are growing up
in a society where tolerance and forgiveness is doled out as per very strict
standards as set up by Mr. Wilson.  The truth to them begins, continues and
ends with Mr. Wilson.  They don't make a move, believe a word or accept any
truth but his.  This is a very scary and very dangerous practice to be
allowed to continue without some kind of challenge.

I truly apologize that some people have not seen what I was doing, I
apologize for my part in what has happened and I humbly ask for your
forgiveness.  But I will NOT ask for forgiveness for my views regarding the
cult and Mr. Wilson's part in developing it.

I will again say, when things heat up for him, he never seems to be the one
to come out and defend his words - rather, he hides behind his henchmen and
his "humor" in his writings on the web.  None of the other previously
mentioned cult leaders, fact is NONE in history has ever done any different.
  They speak from their throne, let the chips fall where they may and then -
hide like the coward they are.

Please, people - look at what is happening and do your part in stopping it.
People, women, children are getting very hurt by this...how can that
possibly be good for a community?