[Vision2020] LEDC Board

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:30:18 PST 2005

Mr Hansen writes,

"In my opinion, the makeup of this board does not reflect any 'conflict of
interest'".

I am sorry that you or anyone else is  unable to see the obvious potential
for conflict of interest for business owners and executives making decisions
that result in what businesses come to Moscow.

I am curious as to how you can make the case where it would not be a
conflict of interest. Everyone of these businesses would be impacted by what
other businesses come into Moscow, especially the banks and the University.
How can it NOT be impacted.

Are bank executives going to be voting for the best interests of the people
in Moscow, or their banks if a company like Naylor Farms comes in here and
takes out a loan?

Does a car dealership executive want to make the rules easier for another
car dealership to move in?

Does Avista and Verizon what to allow other utility companies in Moscow that
would be cheaper, faster, and more reliable?

To me this is an obvious conflict of interest. I do not know how this could
be any clearer.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

No Mr. Hansen. How could board members who make money off of who comes in or
does not come into Moscow possibly