[Vision2020] The Hairy Krishnas

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 7 15:10:42 PST 2005

Joan wrote:
"PPS: Bite me, Doug Jones."

A word of wisdom from one who cares:  before inviting him to bite you,
insist on seeing proof that his shots -- including rabies -- are current and
valid!  My suspicion is that such proof would be lacking, which could
explain the rabid mouth-and-finger-frothing ranting that seem to spring from
that particular source.

For further evidence, please check out his mind-numbing (not to mention just
plain creepy) ramblings as published in Credenda Agenda.  There are so many,
it's hard to choose one to offer up, but:
http://www.credenda.org/issues/16-3thema.php

BTW, excellent post, Joan -- my thanks for saying things so well.  It would
be very . . . convenient if cries of "Private Foul!" obscure the real issues
of "hypocrisy, abuse, and pulpit-bullying" that this particular
private-made-public-by-a-pastor tragedy is indicative of.

It's easy to keep one's head in the sand about the harm this so-called
"church" causes, if not the folks directly involved, then our community as a
whole, until you start *really* listening to the heartbreaking stories of
individuals within the fold who have been harmed.  It's not just an isolated
case here and there -- it's pretty routine.

And, when we understand -- truly understand -- that there are folks who stay
*precisely* because they don't want their *private* problems announced from
the pulpit on in the church "bulletin," then how can we remain silent???
There are lots of things in life that are bad, but in my book, spiritual and
pastoral abuses are some of the most absolutely positively truly wicked &
evil.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.