[Vision2020] Pot calling kettle..

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:38:55 PST 2005

Carl,

I have rechecked my posts for 2005. I find nothing where I said "you're so
stupid". Perhaps you can enlighten me with a link.

However, I don't find that so unbelievable considering some of the the
people that post on here.

If I did say "you're" instead of you are, I would find that so appalling. I
almost never us contractions, I despise contractions.   In terms of not ever
personally attacking a person, one can only hope to live up to that level
expectation and self discipline. But I have never used it as a long term
strategy for winning an argument as I meant it to be when I said "Attack the
argument, not the person making it." Some people, well really, all people
need to pointed out their errors so they can better themselves. However, if
I am arguing that people who are gay or lesbian should be allowed equal
opportunity in a community, and someone points to the Bible and says,
"Leviticus chapter something verse whatever says 'blah blah, blah'", I
should counter their argument with logic, not their hair style, because what
if another person with a different hair style makes the same argument? That
is what I meant by attack the argument not the person. I meant it not as a
moral imperative, but a long term viable political strategy.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold