[Vision2020] Response to Burns' Rant

Nicholas Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Tue Mar 1 16:16:53 PST 2005

Dear Mr. Burns,

You seem to have missed the main point of my letter about Wilkins.  Just because you heard Wilkins and thought "he made sense" has nothing to do with my charge that he has lifted passages from at least three major works without citation or with very deceptive citation.  Professors fail students for doing this, but Wilkins' and Wilson's infractions are far worst than this.  Wilson's Canon Press made a profit on selling the slavery booklet for 10 years, making a profit on reproducing other scholars' words as if they were their own.

Mr. Burns, if you "want to read and understand history," you should read professional historians not hacks such as Wilson and Wilkins who have no shame let alone credentials to write accurate history.

Yes, there are people on this forum whom I would call "libertarians."  Dave Budge is one of them and Dale Courtney claims to be one.  But his type of Christianity (and yours, too, Mr. Burns)is totally incompatible with libertarianism.  I'm still waiting for Courtnery to respond to my essay on the topic.  I would appreciate your response, too, Mr. Burns.  You can find it at www.class.uidhao.edu/ngier/libchristian.htm.

You then seem to switch to another article of mine, "Chilling Parallels between Christian and Muslim Fundamentalism," so I'll respond to you points in turn

(1) An arrogant proclamation of those
who are saved and those who damned;

I am not the one who says who is saved and who is damned,

I'm glad that you don't, but Doug Jones said that the Rev. Forrest Church was damned in his debate with Chruch on Sept. 30, 2003 at UI SUB Auditorium.

(4) a serious affirmation that the laws of God
should be the laws of the land.

I'm glad that my friend Tom Hansen gave you a nice link on Common Law for your edification.  I would just like to add that in the 17th Century Edward Coke, interpreting English Common Law with regard to abortion, ruled that the fetus has no rights until it is born.  But you missed the point of my paragraph.  Wilson and Co. want all Old Testament laws to become laws of the land, including death for homosexuality, disobedient children, apostasy, etc, etc, etc.  I would also like for you to respond to my article on abortion at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/103/abortion.htm and see if you can give me a coherent biblical defense.

You should read more carefully next time you decide to rant,

Nick Gier, Head Banshee, Palouse Region, Planet Earth