[Vision2020] GPS Navigators

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 20:13:22 PDT 2005

Visionairies,

If any of you have GPS Navigators that work very well
for you in the Moscow/Pullman/Lewiston/Clarkston area,
please email me offline with your recommendations.

I have a Magellan Roadmate 700 which I bought because
it has maps of US, Canada, and Europe and 10 million
points of interest on a 10 gig hard drive.  It worked
great this past weekend navigating me to a wedding on
a hilltop in Kendrick.  And I'm expecting it to work
fine in Coeur d'Alene this weekend.

The drawback is that it's quite bulky and does not
have a built in battery.  I'm looking for something a
bit more portable.

And please...no recommendations of paper maps.  I want
the latest in electronic GPS accuracy complete with
navigation so that I will never again be so
undignified as to need to ask for directions in this
lifetime.

-Scott

PS.  Joan...no disrepect aimed at you for asking for
directions to LWS.  Women aren't tagged with the
stigma that men are in asking for directions.  And as
a double whammy when I refused to ask for directions,
my wife would become quite annoyed at me for driving
around lost and in circles.