[Vision2020] Moscow City Council Ignores Due Process

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 29 17:51:12 PDT 2005

Let's put a cap on this, Arnold, OK?

First.  Although I am not an attorney, had their been any discrepancy
concerning due process in the City Council's procedure in reaching its
decision, louder voices than yours would be crying "foul".

Second.  If something is wrong, it is wrong.  The city zoning code simply
does NOT allow NSA to conduct its operation in the central business
district.  The Board of Adjustment said so.  And now the City Council echoes
that same decision.  Sweeping a wrong under the rug by saying, "We will
allow NSA to violate the code, but only this once," by issuing them a
permit, does not cure any ills.  It wreaks of special privilege.  You cannot
simply right a wrong by enforcing the wrong.

Third, and final.  If, and when, the city vacates New Saint Andrews College
from their current premises, NSA will not be required to surrender all
property within the former GTE building (as you suggest).  U-Haul's phone
number is in the book.

Enough said.

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Just Another Intolerista Liberal Elitista Diversity-Cleansing Wacko Nutjob
Loose in the Palouse Doing What Comes Natural

PS to All - I have just finished posting more old photos of Pullman, Moscow,
and WSC (that's right, Washington State College [1924]) down near the bottom
of:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Idaho.htm

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they
are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say
about their cause, but what they say about their opponents."

-- Robert F. Kennedy