[Vision2020] Which is NSA: A taxable business or a tax exempt educational institution?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 04:16:56 PDT 2005

I am hoping Rose Huskey and Saundra Lund can clarify
their position on the zoning law complaint against
Christ Church being downtown and their property tax
complaint against Christ Church downtown.

One the one hand, CCers have a complaint against them
for operating a tax exempt educational institution
downtown because tax exempt educational institutions
are not permitted downtown. But on the other hand,
they have another complaint against them arguing they
are avoiding paying property taxes as a for profit
business which is allowed downtown.

Which is it? Is Christ Church a for profit downtown
business avoiding taxes or are they an illegally zoned
not-for-profit tax exempt educational institution?

I hope those seeking to “not force Christ Church out
of town but to answer questions” will explain the
irony of these complaints which obviously have
conflicting premises for their arguments.

Donovan J Arnold