[Vision2020] "My Town" at the Kenworthy

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 23 21:27:51 PDT 2005

AWESOME !

"My Town" is a must see.  This is not a propaganda film.  It is simply a
conglomeration of facts and interviews.

It is 9:30 and I have just returned from the 7:00 Kenworthy's showing of "My
Town by Michael Hayes.  The showing was delayed approximately 20 minutes due
to a capacity crowd being seated.  When the theater had reached capacity,
there were people still in line (backed up to Fifth Street).  People were
turned away at the ticket window with the understanding that there will be a
second showing.

Joan Opyr MC'd a Q&A segment after the showing.  The questions were very
poignant and were answered respectfully.

If you never had a reason to go to the Kenworthy, you have one now.

Take care, Moscow.

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they
are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say
about their cause, but what they say about their opponents."

-- Robert F. Kennedy