[Vision2020] Hooray! Kai Changed His Position!

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 22:17:06 PDT 2005

Kai wrote on 6/20/05:

"My argument isn't with whether or not it [Kai wrote "pot" earlier] works.
(You might want to re-read my posts)"

I must apologize to Kai.  After just posting a long post on medical cannabis,
where I suggested he was continuing to argue that cannabinoids MIGHT be of no
medical value, I discover that in response to Tom Hansen, Kai said he was not
arguing whether or not "it works."

So I was wrong, I guess.

However, I did re-read Kai's posts on this subject, as he suggested.  Here is
a quote from 6/16/05:

"Frankly, I think the whole reason for the "medicinal" use is to get a
loophole where your local ganja master can find a sympathetic doctor to give
him a 'scrip and then bubble his bong with impunity."

And Kai had also written, "Maybe pot helps some people, maybe it
doesn't....."

Kai, these comments suggest you doubted seriously that there is a valid
medical reason to use cannabis, do they not?  If "the whole reason for the
"medicinal" use ... is to allow someone to "bubble his bong with impunity," this does
not leave any room for legitimate medical use, correct?  And the comment
"Maybe pot helps some people, maybe it doesn't" sounds like a comment coming from
someone who is arguing whether or not "it works."

I think you have backed off your original position on this issue rather
dramatically.  I trust this is due to your respect for the facts and logic on this
subject that have been presented to V2020, leading you to reassess the
position you expressed in the earlier quote above.

And that is what having an open mind means.  Even our most cherished beliefs
might fall before a new fact and/or argument, and being open minded means
keeping those doors open.

Having an open mind is a wonderful state of being!

Ted Moffett