[Vision2020] The Virtues Come First

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Wed Jun 22 07:45:17 PDT 2005

Maybe I'm cold-hearted or dead inside, or whatever, but, I'm not big on
the government handouts.  Sure, it'd be nice if we could afford to give
everyone everything they need on a daily basis, but who is going to
define the "need"?  My "needs" are probably quite different from
Donovan's or Rose's, because I'm sure they don't "need" to get out into
the woods at least a couple times a month to ride motorcycles, or every
weekend in the fall to do some hunting.  And I'm sure there's things
they "need" to do that I may not find quite as appealling.

I agree that a "stable living environment" is damn nice to have.  How
can "guarantee" that, though?  "Great minds" have been trying to do it
for years, and I'm sure my fellow brilliant and capable thinkers (and
the other people) on Vision2020 have ideas.  Implementing them is the
sticky wicket.

As far as the whole "virtues" thing . . . That's what parents are for.
And common sense.

DC