[Vision2020] Alturas grows

Bill London london at moscow.com
Mon Jun 20 10:36:01 PDT 2005

I recently visited Alturas, Moscow's tax-supported technology park (near Tidyman's).
The beautiful rock fountain we provide there is bubbling delightfully.
The park, however, looks kinda pathetic.  A huge for lease sign dominates the now-empty PacSim building.  Another for sale sign is set in the vacant lot across the street.  There is some activity however, in the buildings housing the attorneys, accountants, and day care center.
Since the tech park is doing so poorly, it would seem sensible to put the sad thing out of its misery.
But no, we taxpayers are moving forward, into the brave new world of Alturas 2.
In fact, tonight (Monday, 6/20) at 7pm at the council chambers is a public hearing about adding even more land to Alturas 2.
BL