[Vision2020] Dialogue???

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 11:42:29 PDT 2005

Doug Wilson frequently claims that an unspecified group of  people want him,
and by extension his church members, to leave  Moscow. I know many of the
people who have publicly opposed  Wilson's defense of southern slavery, his desire
to replace current  laws with a return to the Old Testament edicts, and his
desire  to strip the vote from women in exchange for a single vote from the
male, property-owning, "Head of Household."

I have never heard any of those folks philosophically opposed to such  absurd
notions suggest that Doug Wilson and Christ Church members should be  forced
to leave Moscow.  On a personal level, I don't ask that  Mr. Wilson and Christ
Church members skedaddle.  I ask that they obey city, state, and  federal
regulations.  That is not an unreasonable or bigoted  request.  It's the same
standard that I am expected to  follow.

Don't pack your bags, Doug.  Instead, help community members to  understand
why New Saint Andrews facilitates a chain of illegal boarding  houses.  Please
share with us your understanding of the federal tax  exemption given Canon
Press.  Explain to us why the Logos School (a  501(c)(3) tax exempt entity) has a
policy which specifically excludes  "potential students [who] require a
separate  classroom, program, and staff in order to provide the educational
services  desired by the parents. E.g. Down’s  syndrome, deaf/mute, blind, etc."
(Frankly, Doug,  I'm not happy to learn that my tax dollars are used to support a
Christian  school that discriminates against mentally, physically, or
emotionally  challenged children.)  Doug, could you tell us if there is gender
discrimination in teachers salaries at Logos School?

Let's have a public dialogue about the real  issues dividing our community;
none of  which include an agenda to exile Doug Wilson. I encourage Doug
Wilson and Christ Church members to join in.

  Rose Huskey