[Vision2020] Student Organizations at UI

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 16:04:06 PDT 2005

Mr. Rigsby,

I never stated that UI paid 100% of the cost of
student organizational events. I did not say it was
free. I said that UI donated the use of some
government property to religious organizations. Which
is true and verifiable.

The room that you used is, at least in part, was paid
for by the state government. This is undeniable fact.
The equipment that you used was at a reduced rate as
well. This is donation and free use.

To state that because the student groups pay a fee to
ASUI and thus that is why they get a lesser rate is in
part true because those fees subsidized the purchase
of the equipment. But that same concept can be applied
to CC members who pay income taxes and sales taxes
that go to pay for the state property they are using.

You cannot have the UI donate to some religious groups
and then disallow it for another religious group when
you do not like the religion. The same rules must
apply for everyone.

Donovan J Arnold

http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement