[Vision2020] Re: CJ's Security System

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:42:17 PDT 2005

Shelly:

Thanks for clarifying information about your new system.  I would hope that
based upon two peoples experience you will add some precautions to your
system.  I would like to see a sign on the front door notifying your patrons
about what information is scanned and for how long you keep this information
on file.  I would also like to see a more secure set-up for your lap top.
Maybe a lock, I did not notice one, and some sort of block so that the only
person who can read what is on the computer is the bouncer and the patron in
question.  Also, Tom raised a very interesting point about the potential of
other patrons gaining access via friends who work for you.  I would hope
that your employees have higher standards than what Tom suggested, but one
never really knows an individual fully.

Thank you for taking the time to address the various concerns.  I do see a
strong difference between recording video surveillance of your bar, and
recording personal ID information of all who enter.  Video surveillance is
much less invasive than putting a face to a name and recoding it on your
computer.

Tim