[Vision2020] Medical Cannabis: National Academy of Sciences

tbertruss at aol.com tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 21:06:37 PDT 2005

All:

The subject heading suggests the topic is the scientific basis for the medical use of cannabis.

Kai chooses to dodge the pivotal point of my post, which was the quote from the National Academy of Sciences report on the scientific basis for the medical use of cannabis.

Kai wrote "Maybe pot helps some people, maybe it doesn't....."

Would you offer your documentation and argumentation that contradicts the National Academy of Sciences report I quoted, a quote which most definitely stated that there are legitimate medical uses for cannabis?  Or will you just toss out more unsubstantiated comments that muddy the waters by suggesting the issue resides in the nether world of propositions which lack enough evidence to make any sort of evaluation of their truth value one way or another?

Expecting more from an editor...

Ted Moffett

Kai wrote:

Then why are all these college age potheads at the rallys lighting up?  They
are all sick? (Besides addiction)
If pot is going to be okayed for medicinal use, then it needs the same
treatment as any other prescription. Which means going to a doctor, then the
pharmacist...yadayadayada.......none of this, "I'm growing it for my own
use.......and here is my Dr.'s note." Which many on the "pro" side seems to
have a real problem with.
That, combined with the "wastoid element" that appears at the rallys raises
a red flag for me.
As I stated, I don't care if one imbibes or not, I don't. But I don't want
some stoned 18 year behind the wheel either, thinking its "safer".
Maybe pot helps some people, maybe it doesn't.....But I think a lot of
people see the medicinal use clause as the first step in gaining public
acceptance of the drug which would help get them to the ultimate goal: full
legalization.

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle