[Vision2020] Article 9, Section 5 the State of Idaho Constitution

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Jun 13 19:25:42 PDT 2005

Arnold states:

"Serving alcohol to minors, as in a tiny sip, is an important part of mass
and receiving of communion with the Holy Spirit for billions of Christians
world-wide. To state that a religious group cannot follow this practice is a
violation of state and federal law."

Yet, the Idaho State Board of Education Policies and Procedures, Section I
(Governing Policies and Procedures), Subsection J (Use of Institutional
Facilities and Services with Regard to the Private Sector), Sub-subsection 2
(Possession, Consumption, and Sale of Alcohol Beverages at Institutional
Facilities), paragraph b(11) says:

"The person/group issued the Beverage Permit and the contractors supplying
the alcoholic beverages shall assume full responsibility to ensure that no
one under the legal drinking age is supplied with any alcoholic beverage or
allowed to consume any alcoholic beverage at the Permitted Event."

Concerning the " . . . is an important part of mass and receiving of
communion with the Holy Spirit for billions of Christians . . . " portion of
Arnold's argument, the Constitution for the State of Idaho, Article IX,
Section 5 (Sectarian Appropriations Prohibited) states:

" Neither the legislature nor any county, city, town, township, school
district, or other public corporation, shall ever make any appropriation, or
pay from any public fund or moneys whatever, anything in aid of any church
or sectarian or religious society, . . . "

I could go into further detail about how a non-tax exempt entity received
preferential treatment (which they weren't entitled to in ANY case) under
the guise of a tax-exempt entity, but I will save that for a later "Not On
The Palouse" update.  Stay tuned.

Until then . . .

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Just Another Intolerista Liberal Elitista Diversity-Cleansing Wacko Nutjob
Loose in the Palouse Doing What Comes Natural

PS to Doug's Boy - Although I failed to invite you to view, download, share
with your friends, all that neat-o stuff at MY Trinity Fest 2005 website, I
felt it was understood.  Please help yourself at:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/TF2K5

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a
garage makes you a mechanic."