[Vision2020] Forbidden Planet (was Open Letter)

Dale Courtney dmcourtn at moscow.com
Sun Jun 12 17:59:39 PDT 2005

>PS: Keely has made reference to those who would rather lob
>"Bible bombs" than address the substance of the "Labor of Love"
>letter.  I challenge Dale, Doug, or anyone else affiliated
>with Christ Church and New St. Andrews to stop with the sophistry
>and answer the charges.  Sure, the charges have been leveled in
>safe anonymity, but my Christian friends -- of whom I am lucky to
>have many -- have assured me that those charges are Christian in
>nature and that the rebuke therein is Christian in spirit.

No one is going to answer anonymous charges. It ain't going to happen.

I didn't bother to even read it; and I don't know anyone who has -- well, I
guess Wilson has since he posted about it. But I don't know anyone else who
has bothered to.

Joan, I know that you just won't get it, but I'll try anyway.

Jesus and the Apostle Paul (and even Moses, etc) said *not* to hear any
charges or allegations against someone (especially a church leader: 1Tim
5:19).

Let me explicitly repeat what the Apostle Paul said: "*Do not* receive an
accusation against an elder except on the basis of two or three witnesses."

Now, a smart woman like you with a Masters in English should be able to
parse that sentence *without* the help of a theological degree.

So, if I were you, I'd pass on *back* to your friends who said "those
charges are Christian in nature" to let them know that they are *just* the
opposite. A violation of a command from the Apostle Paul is anti-Christian
in spirit.

Best,
Dale