[Vision2020] My Town showing on June 23rd (was Christ Church documentary)

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 12 12:21:03 PDT 2005

Kit Craine writes:

> Today’s Daily News had a small, buried correction to this story.
>
> “My Town” will be shown a week from Thursday on JUNE 23 (the day after
> MCA’s party in the park).

Thanks, Kit.  I'd also like to add a further note -- the sliding-scale
ticket prices of $5 general admission, $3 for senior citizens, students,
children under 12 and those on a fixed income are, in fact, suggested
donations.  Thanks to the generosity of Mike Hayes, the filmmaker, all
proceeds from the showing will be donated to low-wattage local
broadcasting, AKA community radio, but we wanted to make certain that
anyone who wanted to see "My Town" could attend, whether they could afford
$5, $3, or nothing at all.  Sometimes, even five bucks is more than the
wallet will bear, and with the lay-offs at the university . . . well, you
know the rest.  So, come one, come all!  Thursday, June 23rd -- the box
office opens at 6:30, and the film starts at 7:00.  It runs about 70
minutes.  Eat a lot of popcorn, drink a lot of soda, and have a damned good
time.  I know I will!

(Note: There is no "suggested donation" for the popcorn.  When you get to
the concession stand, you're on your own.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment

PS: "My Town" isn't just about Christ Church; it's about all of us as a
community.  The bullet point on the flyers that will be going up around
town next week is "Two visions compete for Moscow's future."  But there are
more than two visions at stake here -- Moscow, like every community, is
about multiple visions competing and interacting and, occasionally,
fighting it out in the street.  Isn't that what the current (and
fascinating) conversation re: the "Labor of Love" letter really about?