[Vision2020] INK: Christ Church documentary film premieres Thursday -- June 23rd!

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 10 19:16:16 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries:

I want to make it clear that Mike Hayes' film, "My Town," will be shown on
Thursday, June 23rd, not next Thursday.  That's clear in the print version
of Vera White's column, but not in the online version.

I hope to see you all at the Kenworthy on June 23rd.  Mike Hayes'
documentary is wonderful.  He has done a bang-up job in allowing all sides
of the controversy over "Southern Slavery As It Was" and the 2004 Credenda
Agenda history conference to speak for themselves, and I look forward to
viewing the final version of the film.  (I've only seen the rough cut, and
that was great.  I'm sure the final version will be even better.)

If anyone has any questions about time, tickets, or the Kenworthy
concession stand, please feel free to email me at this address.  The Auntie
Establishment and Brother Carl Show are proud to sponsor Mike Hayes' film
debut, and we thank him for the fact that all proceeds will benefit
low-wattage radio broadcasting in Moscow, Idaho.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

> INK: Christ Church documentary film premieres Thursday
> By Vera White, Daily News staff writer
>
> Theater-goers will be treated to a star-studded cast Thursday when Michael
> Hayes' documentary, "My Town," premieres at the Kenworthy Performing Arts
> Centre.
>
> In the 70-minute film, the associate professor at Washington State
> University's Department of Teaching and Learning, explores the controversy
> that erupted in late 2003 over Christ Church Pastor Doug Wilson's pamphlet
> "Southern Slavery As It Was," and the history conference Wilson's Credenda
> Agenda magazine staged the following February on the University of Idaho
> campus.
>
> "My Town" features interviews with Wilson, brother Evan Wilson, Roy Atwood
> and other kirkers, as well as community activists such as JoAnn Muneta,
Bill
> London and Rosemary Huskey.
>
> The showing is sponsored by the Auntie Establishment (Joan Opyr) and
Brother