[Vision2020] An Open Letter

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 17:30:54 PDT 2005

Visionaries and Dale,

Actually, Dale, I am aware of the scriptural requirement for witnesses when
an accusation is made.  Perhaps you are referring to Deut. 17:6

"On the evidence of two witnesses or of three witnesses he that is to die
shall be put to death; a person shall not be put to death one the evidence of
one witness."

Of course, the author of the open letter was not asking for the death
penalty, but rather, repentance - which I believe you would understand is the  gift
of eternal life.

At any rate, I think, that you, as well as your elders, pastor, and
congregation members, are far more aware than those of us outside Christ  Church that
there are a super-sufficiency of witnesses to the sins discussed in  the
letter.

As you know, I always sign my letters (typos, skipped words, and  all).  I am
in a position to do so because I do not have to worry about  employment, how
my children might be treated in school, or being shunned by  other church
members.  As I understood it, anonymity was chosen so  that the messenger was not
the focus -  the message was.   Clearly you and Doug don't share my
understanding.

I am sorry that the letter did not resonate with you in the way that it did
for me.

Rose