[Vision2020] NSA takes over UI

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Tue Jun 7 11:06:22 PDT 2005

A simple question for UI and the people of V2020.

When will the University take a stance and tell NSA,
CC, Credenda, and Doug Wilson et al, that UI is not
the campus of NSA and for NSA et al to find their own venue
for their conferences, dances, speaking events, etc.

First, controversy surrounds the February 2004
conference.  Then UI comes out and says, "We do not
support the ideologies of this event and therefor will
not allow future events such as this to take place
without first consulting the students," or something
to that effect.  Then NSA et al book the ASUI Kibbie
Dome, the UI Golf Course, the Arboretum Ampitheatre,
and the SUB Ballroom for their conference.  Recently
you have Nate Wilson and Aaron Rench filing a zoning
complaint against UI, the same people who are allowing
NSA et al use of UI, saying that they are in violation
of the zone for which they reside.

So is NSA taking over UI slowly instead of downtown?
Why is UI allowing NSA to infiltrate campus when
students, faculty, staff, and citizens have spoken
out against NSA et al?

Just means that Tom and I will have to protest the
Trinity Windy too.  Oh well, more fun for me and Tom
et al.