[Vision2020] A question for all - What's right/wrong with this picture?

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Sun Jun 5 12:02:15 PDT 2005

Ted,
Your comments are most welcome.  I did not anticipate the potential spam
issues in my interest to send to such a wide audience.  I did not ask the
individuals ahead of time and it may have been troublesome for some - I have
not yet heard.  To those of you I may have bothered too much with my post, I
extend my sincere apologies.

Maybe my sending blind copies might be a solution for the problem you bring
up, but there also must be a better way.

Mark

Mark Seman, Architect
Heather Seman, Landscape Architect
1404 East 'F' Street  Moscow, Idaho 83843
v 208-883-3276 / f 208-883-0112

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Tbertruss at aol.com [mailto:Tbertruss at aol.com]
  Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 3:19 PM
  To: FCS at moscow.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] A question for all - What's right/wrong with
this picture?

  Mark et. al.

  Placing that long list of e-mail addresses onto a public list serve that
could result in someone anywhere in the world on the Internet blasting all
those e-mail addresses with a bunch of crap they don't want in their inbox
is not a wise idea.

  Maybe all those individuals behind those addresses are members of the
V2020 list, but I doubt it.  And if they are, it is redundant to include all
those addresses.  Did you ask all of these individuals if they want to
receive the potential e-mails that posting their addresses onto a public
Internet list serve might generate?  As if we don't have enough problems
with spam, scams and nonsense on the Internet?

  This response to your post answers a tiny part of the question "what part
of this is not working and why is it not?"

  Notice that First Step no longer makes the V2020 subscriber list publicly
viewable.  Good idea!

  Ted Moffett