[Vision2020] Challenge

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:12:58 PDT 2005

Doug/Dale are very practiced about distracting people from the truth by
using smoke and mirrors to have people look here, there and everywhere else
other than the spot where the action is actually taking place.

I had challenged Doug/Dale/et al to provide copies of e-mails to Joel
Plaskon (policy maker for the city?); copies of e-mails that Doug or his
people have sent/received regarding Atlas, Logas, NSA, and CC code
violations issues; copies of e-mails and or phone converstion/messages
regarding any city or county official Doug/they have dealt with in relation
to the aforementioned entities on any "cause"; any documentation regarding
Doug/his cronies dealings with the city/coutny regarding the aforementioned
entities - this would include ANY letters or memos that were written to Paul
Kimmell, Joel Plaskon and any/all other public offices/personnel; any
information on meetings that Doug/his cronies have had with ANY city/county
official regarding ANYthing.  If a policy or code issue, etc. was being
discussed, I believe we have the right, as TAX PAYING citizens to see those
copies, especially if you have requested code changes, exceptions to the
codes (as in the case of Atlas) and suggestions for code changes.  It seems
that Doug feels any e-mail or meeting that a private citizen has with a
public offical requires that the open meeting laws be followed...so, follow
them - submit your e-mails, phone call messages, letters, etc.

And since I am on a roll, how about submitting copies of the salaries of the
teachers at Logas, Atlas, Grayfriers, and NSA?  You felt free enough to put
the public school's salaries out there...let's see if you are just as
forthcoming with the people's money (money that is given/taken for payroll
payments - very similar to the tax payers who pay for their school's
teachers and administrators, etc.)  Seems to me if someone is paying into a
fund for use of something like teacher pay, the people aught to be able to
see just how much Dr. Atwood, for instance, is getting out of the "kitty"
every year.

And one last thing - you have taken time to rip apart what is wrong with the
public school system and what it would take to, or if it even could, be
fixed?  You have never acknowledged that the public schools are doing
ANYthing right and yet they seem to be able to produce very compeitent and
talented grads in each class each year.

How about dictating just what is wrong with Logas, Atlas, NSA and
Grayfriers?  I am sure there is SOME room for improvement as not everyone
that enters those schools is a) graduating and b) even staying with their
respective programs.  What areas would you be willing to admit needs
improvement(s)?  What % of your kids could even pass an ISAT?  What % of
them can pass the ACT/SAT's and at what level?  What % of your kids do
better than a "C" in the majority of their classes?  What % of Special Ed
kids do you have and how are they fairing in your school?  What % of your
teachers even HAVE Special Ed backgrounds/education/training?  Even you have
to admit, there is no way things are 100% perfect - after all, dispite what
Doug thinks of himself, the rest of you are human and are dealing with
humans and humans by default have faults.  So, go ahead - be brave, be very
very brave, and show us just what it is that you are doing SO blamed well.

There is a saying - What you practice in the shadows probably can't stand in
the light of Day.