[Vision2020] RE: Ten Most Harmful Books

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jun 2 15:48:42 PDT 2005

It's . . . it's . . . it's all so clear now.

Joan and I aren't friends because of shared political interests or
experiences, but because I am also Mustang-deprived AND endured as a child
the sprinkling of wheat germ on all manner of desserts and treats from my
father, who was raised in a household steeped in Dr.
Kellog/osteopathy/regularity teachings.  It was this same man who sold our
family's sporty four-on-the-floor '76 a decade later for a thousand bucks
because (take a deep breath, Joan!) "nobody would pay more than that for a
car with 60,000 miles on it."

Moving along, I agree that anything by Ayn Rand is more than merely vexing
in the hands of college students who immediately "get" from it how the world
works, or should work, and then grow into Libertarians and business moguls
and politicians.  'Tis a frightening sight, and one that calls for one of my
favorite books, "Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger," as a corrective.

And yes, Dale, I've heard of Reconstructionist David Chilton's response, a
book called "Productive Christians in an Age of Guilt-Manipulators," whose
first few vile pages turned me off from . . . well, come to think of it, the
whole damned enchilada of Reconstructionistic (theonomic) libertarianism.

Did she say "damned"?  She sure did, and meant it.

keely