[Vision2020] Domenstic Benefits?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 12:53:32 PDT 2005

Mr. Hansen,

You wrote, "If those "single and without children"
types would like to be eligible for the same tax
exemptions as those with children, how about if they
contribute financially to the care and "maintenance"
of a child (or children)."

We do contribute financially to the upbringing of
other people's children. If they cannot afford to have
children Mr. Hansen they have no business having them.
Others should not have to raise their offspring.

"How much does it cost to care for (and maintain) a
child as compared to that annual tax exemption?"

Mr. Hansen, they should not get any exemption for
having kids. It is not my obligation to pay for the
costs of however many babies a couple decides to have.
That is the responsibility of the parents.

I do not see anything wrong with everybody paying for
services for the good the society, such as schools and
parks. But a parent should be obligated to pay the
same amount for the goods and services (taxes) in the
community as everyone else, or more when they are the
chief recipients of those government services. It is
unfair that singles pay a couple to have babies. If
anything, we should pay couples not to have babies so
the ones we have do not live on an overcrowded and
polluted planet.

Donovan J Arnold