[Vision2020] Domenstic Benefits?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 11:26:06 PDT 2005

Phil,

I do not agree with your remarks regarding single
parents tax status.

If you are a parent, you get to write off $1000s of
dollars in expenses per child.

For every dollar you do not pay, I have to pay to make
up for it.

I do agree that taxes should be the same for every
dollar you make after a certain amount (over poverty
level) regardless of martial status, but also
regardless of children. Because in all honesty, why
should I have to pay my portion of the taxes plus
yours because you choose to have children?

Your solution of taking away everyone's benefits
instead of giving everyone equal benefits would also
be equal and fair. However, I think that would be a
destructive way of equalizing out employment
conditions.

Donovan J Arnold