[Vision2020] Domestic Benefits?

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Thu Jun 2 08:35:26 PDT 2005

Donovan Rants:
"The city council just does not care about equality and has done nothing
but provide lip service and paper tigers to end discrimination in our
community. They preach equality for the votes, but they do not do
anything to end discrimination."

Again, I'm asking, are we just wanting something that says "The City of
Moscow is against Discrimination against anyone for any reason", or do
you want the city to extend benefits?  Will that end discrimination?
With a resolution making discrimination against
gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/martian/robot (yes, robots.  I removed
klingons as per Phil's request, but I had to include robots because they
like popcorn) peoples illegal, how will it be enforced?  Will every
employer in town be required to extend benefits to all, even if they
don't give said benefits to their own employees? Yes, there are
employers who do NOT offer insurance/retirement/etc benefits to their
employees.  Will that now be illegal as well?

I think we are talking about two different things (most of us, anyhow)
that you, Mr. A, are lumping together:  discrimination vs. extension of
benefits.

I'm pretty sure the city council cares about equality.  I just think
they and their staff sees the tar-baby that this truly is.

DC