[Vision2020] Fortunately Phil Roderick and his Allies were Wrong

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 13:42:08 PDT 2005

Sunil,

I concede if the taxes went to zero and then it went
back up it would be a tax hike. But they did not go to
zero.

To my wallet, if taxes go up that is a tax increase.
If taxes go down that is a tax decrease.

If people viewed things your way they would not be
complaining about tax increases. Do you hear people
saying, "Damn those tax increases, my taxes went up
from $1000 to $950"?

The only number that matters is the number on your
bill, and it will be less to people in Boundary, to
most people that qualifies as a tax decrease. If you
want to argue that I am wrong because by law it will
go to zero at the right before it goes to $95, fine.

Donovan J Arnold

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Donovan,

I think all of us will agree that $95 is less than
$100.   And all of us will agree that $95 is more than
$0.00.  You choose to view this as a tax cut.  I see
it as a tax hike, from $0.00 to $95.  Apparently we
differ.

I hope my argument did not tax your day and is worthy
of your time.

Sunil

predator75 at moscow.com,        vision2020 at moscow.com
>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Fortunately Phil Roderick
and his Allies were Wrong
>Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:26:24 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Sunil,
>
>There may be a new tax, but if your taxes overall go
>down that to me is a tax decrease. Now you can argue
>that if your taxes decrease that is a increase
because
>of the legal and political garbage behind it, but it
>is still a decrease in your taxes. $95 instead of
$100