[Vision2020] Fortunately Phil Roderick and his Allies were Wrong

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 11:26:24 PDT 2005

Sunil,

There may be a new tax, but if your taxes overall go
down that to me is a tax decrease. Now you can argue
that if your taxes decrease that is a increase because
of the legal and political garbage behind it, but it
is still a decrease in your taxes. $95 instead of $100
is less, not more. A zero tax would be less than $100
too. But $95 is still less than $100 according to my
wallet.

If you want to argue that $100 is less than $95
because $0.00 is less than $95 you are welcome to do
so but it is not an argument worthy of my time.

Donovan J Arnold

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Donovan,

Since I lack Dan's big brain I am also having trouble
following your tax cut logic.  You write that the levy
they're paying on NOW is set to expire.  Once that
happens, that bill is gone.  They have then agreed to
a new tax.  Now, if they had voted it down, they
wouldn't pay any tax at all.  That would be a zero tax
as far as levies are concerned.  To use your example,
they'd go from a $100 tax to a $0.00 tax

Since they've agreed to a new tax, isn't that a tax
increase?  Haven't they gone from $0.00 to $95, to use
your example again?
If I have this wrong, please type your response
slowly, so that I can follow you.

Sunil

"'Vision 2020'" <vision2020 at moscow.com>
>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Fortunately Phil Roderick
and his Allies were Wrong
>Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:36:27 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Dan, Dan, Dan. . .
>
>No. That is not what I am saying, and if you read
even
>just the first few lines of the article you would
>understand.
>
>The old levy that the residents are still paying on
>NOW is set to expire. This new levy will cost less
>than the one set to expire. So they will be a getting
>tax cut.
>

>Think of it like this, you are paying $100 on an old
>levy, with the levy that passed it will only be $95.
>That is a tax cut of $5. The old levy wanted you to
>pay $110, which failed. It is pretty simple to figure
>out why this one passed. It had nothing to do with
>people in Moscow hating children and people in
>Boundary county loving children as Wayne concludes.
>
>Still hoping you will use your "thinking
thingamabob".